Sunday, 7 February 2016

Most Helpful Customer Reviews - BAFX Products - Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light & diagnostics - Android ONLY


Works Great Right out of the Box (Plastic Bag)
By Michi on November 4, 2012
Verified Purchase
I was a little worried, seeing all the reviews from the other manufacturer of the same looking box. But figured I'd give it a try.

I'm glad I did. It works perfectly. Plugged it in, red light comes on, paired it with the phone and password "1234" and the Torque app on my Android phone started communicating with it immediately. It blinks a lot of lights when it's communicating. Although, I don't really see them as in my car the adapter is turned with the lights toward the door when it's closed. No big deal, it's probably better that way, no crazy blinking lights at night. The adapter does become a little warm after use, but not hot.

I have not decided yet if I should leave it plugged in when I don't drive. The adapter stays on with one red light lit (obviously the OBDII port is active when the car is turned off for fault analysis etc...) but I'm not sure how much power the adapter is pulling when idle and I don't want to have a dead battery when I get in the car one morning. If anyone has any insight to that, please do leave a comment.

I also have a HP Touchpad with Android on it, and Torque is even more fun when using that since it's a much bigger display and you can have more gauges on one screen. So if you have a Android tablet, give it a try.

I was kind of disappointed that my 2012 Honda only displays about half the data which this adapter is able to show, but hey, it's still fun, and the one item I really wanted to see was MPG, and I got that.

I also used it on another car which had the check engine light on. It read the codes out perfectly, and I like the feature in Torque that if you have internet access you can get more detailed info on the codes.

this is what you're looking for
By shrimp sandwich on September 24, 2012
Verified Purchase
If you came here for an adapter that'll work with Torque, you've found it. Using it on Samsung Galaxy S3, verified with stock ROM & AOKP, free and pro versions of Torque. TLDR: great support, works flawless, you'll be happy :)

I've seen many products marketed with bundled software, etc. for $100+ and many readers for hundreds more. This, plus the Android Torque app does all of that for under $30, and more than the cheapest standalone reader.

The 1st thing that impressed me (aside from flawless functionality at such a low price) was what came in the box - a sheet of paper that gave connection instructions for pairing this thing with the Torque app - the manufacturer and developer are not affiliated, but these guys recognized that many people are getting this adapter for use with the app and took the extra step to help its customers out. Awesome, A+ on support. It was very friendly and the other info makes them seem very open and approachable for further support. Awesome to know people stand behind their product and care about their customers.

Having said all that, I didn't even have trouble pairing or connecting w/ Torque. Worked flawlessly out of the box. This adapter is very unobtrusive (some dangle with a cord). Absolutely NO reason to get anything more expensive if all you need is an OBD-II>BT device.

I'm adamantly recommending this to friends and anyone interested in reading/clearing codes and monitoring performance who has a smartphone. The combination of this device and smartphone apps is yet another step away from the proprietary, industry-price-gouging dark ages that we are now being freed from due to the advent of modern-age indie/open-source developer business models. Hope all of this makes sense :)


Greatest OBD reader EVER! I WAS skeptical........
By T. Coates on September 23, 2011
Verified Purchase
Let me start off by saying I had purchased a regular Elm327 (with the orange/blue label) off of another site previously and had a horrible experience. Most of the others available out there don't work on Fords and a number of other vehicles even though they say they do. Needless to say I have a Ford Mustang and it didn't work.

After talking with some people they convinced me I should give this one a try and that it really works on ALL cars. I figured why not, I can always return it.

I got it, plugged it in, fired up Torque on my Droid phone and BAM! Sure enough, it works GREAT!

Even if you don't have any trouble codes to clear on your car (though it works great for that) this is a fun toy to have for any car geek. It gives awesome stats for everything from RPM/Speed plotting graphs, to 1/4 mile stats, HP info, acceleration info etc etc...... best toy for your car ever!

The reader does come with a CD that has some free versions of software on it. I personally didn't really like any of the programs it came with so I downloaded the Torque program for my phone which is MUCH nicer.

All in all.... I definitely, recommend this one!

Awesome!
By Sir Ditymus on October 6, 2012
Verified Purchase
I have to admit, I wasn't expecting much out of this product... I am a service advisor at a Porsche, Audi, Land Rover dealership so I know how expensive scan tools can be. I am also an ASE certified Master Mechanic, so I understand the importance of a good, quality scan tool. The functions of this particular scan tool are limited, of course. But for the money, I would venture to say that this is the best one on the market. Don't pay attention to reviews that are poor because of unrealistic expectations. This product is exactly what Amazon says it is: A scan tool for check engine lights and other diagnostics. You won't be able to adjust turbo boost or change shift points, but pulling codes and displaying information is something it does very well. Also, it comes with a mini disk for installation on a computer, but it's also compatible with an Android app called Torque. There's a free version and the full version, I think it's 5 bucks. Excellent product, excellent price!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Customer Questions & Answers - BAFX Products - Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light & diagnostics - Android ONLY

A: could i check engine temperature oil pressure and gas quantity with this device?
Hi Julio -
I am with BAFX Products Support.
Basically, it depends on the vehicle.… see more
BAFX Products answered on February 25, 2014

A: does it pick up abs codes
HI DW -
I am with BAFX Products Support.
Our scan tool is only an OBDII scan tool meaning that it is only able to read the OBDII system which does NOT include the ABS, SRS, Stability or Regular Maintenance lights. Generally for systems other than the OBDII system one must purchase a more specialized and manufacturer… see more
BAFX Products answered on February 26, 2014

A: Does this work with Windows Phone 8?
yes, I'm using Windows Phone 8 on Nokia 920 with OBDAutoDoctor application. You need to connect the PIC18F2480 via Bluetooth, before starting an OBD2 scan tool application.
On Windows Phone 8 only a few OBD2 app are available. OBDAutoDoctor is free but get only some information from the car. I just found how to unlo… see more
Patrick Martineau answered on September 5, 2013

A: I just bought Torque pro for Apple Iphone and wonder if it will work with this device?
Hi, I am with BAFX Products Support -
This adapter will NOT function with iOS devices as stated in the listing as we have not taken the unit through the Apple certification process.
Regards,
BAFX Products answered on July 23, 2013

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

About BAFX Products - Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light & diagnostics - Android ONLY:

Product Description [Link at Amazon.com]

BEWARE OF IMITATORS
THE BAFX PRODUCTS SCAN TOOL WILL WORK ON ALL 1996 AND NEWER VEHICLES THAT ARE LOCATED IN THE USA! UNLIKE SOME OTHER BRANDS THAT MAY ONLY WORK ON CERTAIN VEHICLES BUT NOT TELL YOU!

WE GUARANTEE COMPATIBILITY WITH ALL VEHICLES LOCATED IN THE USA THAT ARE 1996 & NEWER (THESE ARE VEHICLES THAT BY LAW MUST BE OBDII COMPLIANT)

NOTE: THIS DEVICE IS NOT FOR USE WITH iOS DEVICES

When used with Android or Windows based software this OBDII scan tool, can retrieve trouble codes, reset the check engine light and read MANY statistics not available with normal scan tools! You can monitor things such as O2 sensor readings, EOT, Revs, Throttle, Boost, Speed Fuel Trim and MUCH MORE!

When used with certain software you can also check your emissions readiness, track your 0-60MPH, 1/4 & 1/8 Mile times and more!

*NOT ALL VEHICLES WILL SUPPORT ALL POSSIBLE READINGS. THE READINGS SUPPORTED BY YOUR VEHICLE DEPEND ON THE SENSORS INSTALLED BY THE MANUFACTURER. THE NEWER VEHICLES GENERALLY HAVE MORE SENSORS AND FUNCTIONS*

The software to for your Android phone or Windows computer is downloaded separately from other vendors within the Google Play store or on-line for Windows programs for suggested programs please contact BAFX Products

IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE USA AND WISH TO PURCHASE THIS ADAPTER PLEASE CONTACT US FIRST TO ENSURE COMPATIBILITY AS NOT ALL COUNTRIES REQUIRE VEHICLES TO BE OBDII COMPLIANT AS THE USA DOES, IN THOSE COUNTRIES THAT DO NOT HAVE OBDII LAWS THIS ADAPTER MAY NOT WORK ON YOUR VEHICLE!

The BAFX Products adapter will last longer, give you a more stable connection, provide a better data transfer rate and work smoother on ALL vehicles than many of it's competitors!

*The 1 Year Limited Warranty is only valid when this product is purchased from "BAFX Products" or an authorized dealer



Go directly to Amazon Page BAFX Products - Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light & diagnostics - Android ONLY:
Order Mid-America 00 97 0003 166 Midnight Blue 14 3/4
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties including, but not limited to, amazon.com, endless.com, myhabit.com, smallparts.com, or amazonwireless.com.
Posted in :

No comments:

Post a Comment